GROW CHURCHES USAGE GUIDELINES FOR EMERGE CURRICULUM
1. GENERAL GUIDELINES:
• These guidelines supplement the Emerge School of Ministry (Emerge) Content License Agreement and Lead Small Weekly and/or Parent Cue Weekly License Agreement. Your Organization's use of Emerge content must comply with these guidelines and the applicable License Agreement. Capitalized terms in these guidelines are defined in the respective agreement.
• Access to and use of the Content and Trademarks is restricted to employees and volunteers of the subscribing Organization solely to conduct your Organization's ministry program.
• Any Content which is not expressly designated by Emerge as "editable" may not be revised or edited.
• POSTING ANY GROW CHURCHES CONTENT, TRADEMARKS, OR ADAPTATIONS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ON UNSECURED OR PUBLIC WEB SITES (E.G. YOUTUBE) AND USE OF ANY EMERGE CONTENT OR TRADEMARKS IN FOR-SALE OR COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR LICENSE.
2. DOWNLOADABLE TEXT AND IMAGES:
• Content may be reproduced and distributed only to employees, volunteers, children and families within the applicable children's ministry environment of your Organization during the Term set forth in the License Agreement.
• Content may be reproduced and distributed to your staff and volunteers through printed copies, email or recording to CD/DVD, provided copies are limited to the number reasonably necessary.
• Your Organization may create original videos and live productions (collectively, "Adaptations") adapted from the curriculum Content, provided that: 1) the Adaptations are displayed and performed solely in the children's ministry environment or program operated by the Organization during the Term set forth in the Content License; 2) the Adaptation is not distributed, sold, or otherwise reproduced; and 3) attribution is given as follows: "Adapted from [curriculum name] with permission. © [year], Grow Church, Inc." Any music and other licenses required to create or record the Adaptations must be separately acquired by, and are solely the responsibility of, the Organization. Please note the rights your Organization grants to Grow Churches for each Adaptation you create, as described in the Content License.
• Adaptations and authorized revisions must comply with the doctrinal guidelines of our statement of faith and all revised documents must maintain the specific copyright language included on the original documents.
• If the Content includes any message scripts or message notes, no more than 100 words may be quoted directly without the prior written permission of Grow Churches, and personal examples in the Grow Churches message must be replaced with appropriate Organization examples. The Organization's message, as adapted from the Grow Churches message, may be performed solely on the Organization's premises and may be promoted solely to the Organization's membership, on the Organization's premises, and on the Organization's corporate website. Provided that the Organization complies with the above restrictions, the Organization may sell audio recordings of the Organization's message internally to its membership and may live stream said recordings from its website, but may not podcast the message or distribute or sell the recordings in any way outside of the Organization's premises or membership.
3. MUSIC/AUDIO AND VIDEO:
• Music/audio and video files posted by Grow Churches for download as part of a License may be used by your Organization as follows during the License Term:
• Playback on Organization premises: unlimited
• Permission to burn track to CD/DVD: unlimited when distributing to employees and volunteers that are a part of your Organization
• Permission to transfer to MP3-enabled portable device for Organization use: unlimited when distributing to employees and volunteers that are a part of your church or organization. Any reproduction for commercial resale or distribution is strictly prohibited.
Trademarks may be reproduced and displayed in connection with the environment and/or program in which you are using the corresponding curriculum under a current License or Plan. You agree to use the Trademarks in the form provided by Grow Churches without alteration of any kind and to include the trademark notices ("™" or "®") used by Grow Churches with each display of the Trademarks. The trademark license does not include the right to use any Trademark in your Organization's name, in the name of an Organization's ministry or program, or in connection with a for-sale product or service offered by your Organization. Any use of a Trademark in text should be in ALL CAPS with the appropriate trademark notice (e.g. 252 BASICS®). All use of the Trademarks must comply with the Grow Churches trademark style guide as it may be revised from time to time.
5. The Organization agrees to cease all use of the Content and Trademarks upon expiration or termination of the applicable License or Plan. Additionally, all copies of Content accessed through the License or Plan and stored by the Organization on any hard drive or other storage device or in hard copy must be deleted or destroyed upon expiration or termination of the License or Plan.
6. It is your responsibility to inform each user of the restrictions applicable to use of the Content and Trademarks under these Usage Guidelines, and to enforce them.
All text, graphics, images, music, video, audio, text, maps, animation, widgets, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, software code, and other copyrighted or otherwise proprietary content (collectively, "Content"), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel" and arrangement of such Content, contained on the GC Sites is owned, controlled or licensed by or to GC, and is protected by trade dress, copyright and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
You may use information describing GC products and services purposely made available by GC for downloading from the GC Sites, provided that you (1) not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, ministry, or informational purposes and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or otherwise make it publicly available; (3) make no modifications to any such information; and (4) not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such information.
Your Use of the GC Sites
You may not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the GC Sites or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the GC Sites or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any curriculum materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the GC Sites. GC reserves the right to bar any such activity.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the GC Sites or GC's curriculum or other Content available only to licensed subscribers, or any other systems or networks connected to the GC Sites or to any GC server, or to any of the services offered on or through the GC Sites, by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
You may not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the GC Sites or any network connected to the GC Sites, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the GC Sites or any network connected to the GC Sites. You may not reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the GC Sites, or any other customer of GC, including any GC account not owned by you, or exploit the GC Sites or any service or information made available or offered by or through the GC Sites.
You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the GC Sites or CG's systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the GC Sites or to GC.
You agree not to use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the GC Sites or any transaction being conducted on the GC Sites, or with any other person's use of the GC Sites.
You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to GC or through the GC Sites or any service offered on or through the GC Sites. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity when accessing or otherwise using the GC Sites.
Comments and/or Content Originating With Users
Certain locations within the GC Sites may allow account owners to post reviews, comments, or other communications; or submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information. By posting content to a GC Site, you agree not to post content that infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any third party (including but not limited to copyright and trademark), or that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, injurious to any third party, or otherwise objectionable. You further agree that you will not post or submit any content to any GC Site which contains a virus, adware, spyware, or any other software or code which may be harmful to a third party's computer or network, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not create an account using a false e-mail address or post content under a false account or a third party's account without express permission, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any post or submission.
GC reserves the right to remove or edit any content submitted to or posted on a GC Site. However, GC does not regularly review content posted to the GC Sites and is not responsible for content originating with a party other that GC. GC makes no warranty regarding content posted by third parties. By posting content to a GC Site, you grant to GC an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use or exploit the content to market GC or its products or services.
Purchases; Other Terms and Conditions
GC's obligations, if any, with regard to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements pursuant to which they are provided, and nothing on the GC Sites shall be construed to alter such agreements.
GC may make changes to any products or services offered on the GC Sites, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. GC attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, GC does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of any GC product or service is complete, reliable, current, or error-free. GC reserves the rights to cancel any transaction up until the time the item is shipped or downloaded. All items purchased from GC are made pursuant to a shipping contract. Therefore, the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon GC's delivery to the carrier.
Links to Other Sites and to the GC Sites
The GC Sites may contain links to other independent third-party web sites ("Linked Sites"). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under GC's control, and GC is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
The above disclaimer applies to any damages, liability, or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.
GC reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend, or terminate operation of or access to the GC Sites, or any portion of the GC Sites, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the GC Sites or any portion of the GC Sites; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the GC Sites, or any portion of the GC Sites, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, in no event will GC be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, even if GC has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
GC may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the GC Sites, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) GC's rights or property, or the rights or property of visitors to or users of the GC Sites, including GC's customers. GC reserves the right at all times to disclose any information that GC deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. GC also may disclose your information when GC determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
You agree that GC may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the GC Sites, for cause, which includes (but is not limited to): (1) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies; (2) discontinuance or material modification of the GC Sites or any service offered on or through the GC Sites; or (3) unexpected technical issues or problems.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution
Void Where Prohibited
Although the GC Sites are accessible worldwide, not all features, products, or services discussed, referenced, provided, or offered through or on the GC Sites are available to all persons or in all geographic locations, or appropriate or available for use outside the United States. GC reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any feature, product, or service to any person or geographic area. Any offer for any feature, product, or service made on the GC Sites is void where prohibited. If you choose to access the GC Sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and you are solely responsible for complying with applicable local laws.
You may not use or export or re-export any Content or any copy or adaptation of such Content, or any product or service offered on the GC Sites, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including without limitation United States export laws and regulations.
Feedback and Information
Any feedback you provide at a GC Site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. GC shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
[Last updated September 30, 2019]
© 2019 Grow Churches, Inc. | All Rights Reserved